Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Formative Assessment with Door Posters


 
For a quick formative assessment, make a door poster like this. In my class as the students left the room for lunch recess, I would ask them a quick question:
  • point to the cube
  • point to the spacial net that can be formed into a cube
  • which 3D shape has two bases that are circles
  • what is another name for the very top vertex on the pyramid
  • why are these figures called 3 Dimensional
  • which 3 D shape would you make to package this object that I hold in my hand
  • which 3 D shape has congruent sides
  • which shape has a curved surface
  • how many faces, edges, or vertices does this 3D shape have
There are so many questions that can be asked and that is the beauty of this simple poster. If a student didn't know the answer, I moved them to my side and had them listen to 3 or 4 questions that I would ask other students. Then I would ask them a new question (usually one that was a variation of the question that they heard me ask other students). This method is easy to differentiate for different learners and there are NO papers to grade either.

 I wonder if this would be a good idea for those teachers that have to take their students to the bathroom each day as a whole group. Just post the poster near the bathroom to use as a visual aid while working with your students individually as they wait for others to use the bathroom.
Deborah

1 comment :

  1. OOoooo. Neat!
    Deborah, I like this!
    We are always looking for anything that allows us to use those "in between" minutes in a day! Great idea!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...