Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

Math Night Materials Almost Completed

Just an update on the materials for Math Night at the Local Grocery store that I posted about in earlier posts:


1. All the individual grades activity sheets are written from K- 6th Grade.

2. They are being translated into Spanish, so the event will welcome both English and Spanish speaking families.

3.  I want teachers to know that they are teaching to the Common Core, even on a fun project like this, so I am typing out all the Common Core Correlations for each grade level.

4. I am working on writing a rubric that could be completed at an Event Follow-up Meeting by the team of teachers/administrator that ran the Math Night. It would assist them in discussing what went well and what needs to be changed before the event is repeated the following year.

5 Can YOU think of anything else that you would like to see included in a unit like this? I would appreciate any suggestions that you might share with me in the comment section of this post.

 Smiles,
Deborah  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...