Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Planet Unit for Multigrade Classrooms


Sketch to Stretch
I was working on my “Planet Unit” for the Multigrade 3/4 and 4/5 classes and wanted to try a new reading strategy that I read about called “Sketch to Stretch.” I read about it in the book, “READING STRATEGIES FOR SPANISH SPEAKERS  by Susan Lenski. The strategy has students sketching ideas as they are read text orally by the teacher in order to comprehend the text more effectively.
In this assignment, while doing an interactive read-aloud with the whole class, the teacher  projects the pages of the online copy of the book “The Sun and the Seasons” onto the front screen and reads the text aloud.  The student then uses the illustrations shown and the oral text to sketch their response to a question.
To see a copy of the worksheet shown above CLICK HERE.

3 comments :

  1. where can I find 'The Sun and the Seasons'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sun and the Seasons is a book sold by Pearson. It has an online component that you can show the book on your smartboard or project it with an LCD project. It is the type of book you would use in guided reading.
      I do have a PowerPoint that I created that explains the sun and the seasons. Would you like to have a copy of that?
      Leave a comment with your email address and I will send it to you.
      Deborah

      Delete
  2. I found something on Edhelper...is this the right one?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...