Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Interjections and Emoji for 5th Graders

Today when I met with the two 5th Grade students that I am tutoring, we continued on our journey to understand the function of interjections in writing and in our speech.

After doing a bit of research on the Internet, I realized that emoji are "emoticons." Check out this chart that attempts to describe the feelings shown with the emoji.
The definition of emoticons is:
A pictorial representation of a facial expression to express a person's feelings or mood, or as a time-saving method.

So hopefully you can see the connection between interjections in speech and writing ... and emoticons.

So I decided to make a series of cards showing different emoji characters and have my student connect it to an interjection.
😓 = Oh no!
Then we used that interjection in dialogue.
"Oh no! My mother is going to be so angry when she see this broken dish."
Lastly, we wrote a sentence that might be in a narrative writing.
Oh no! The teacher saw me pass that note to Ali. 

I was trying to make connections between ways we use interjections.  
Yippee! I believe they understood. 😊 

Smiles,
Deborah 


 

3 comments :

  1. That sounds a pretty fun.You described all emojis with description

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog with such important information this is really nice. if you are looking for a best tour services in Corbett National Park so call on- 8958194456 and get a best tour services provider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great inspiring article.Windermere Tutoring I am pretty much pleased with your good work. You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...