Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Systematic Flashcards to Learn 9's Multiplication Facts

I created a set of flashcards to systematically learn the nine’s multiplication facts. These cards are based on the work of John Van De Walle.

This is how I envision the system working
First, the students must know the combination of two numbers that when added together a sum of nine results. For example, 2 + 7 = 9, so I included a set of flashcards to practice those addition facts.
Next, I made a set of cards that teaches students that the product’s tens place digit will be one less than the “other” factor multiplied by nine. 

The next pattern is that when you add the two digits in the product the sum will be nine.



Then it practices the two ideas together.



Lastly, no support is given.





Ta Dahstudents know their nine multiplication facts.


Download by clicking here. It’s free for my blog friends and I’m putting it in my TPT store with a cost for everyone else. See how much you mean to me!!!
Want more flashcards based on the work of John Van De Walle? Leave me some comments with your thoughts.
Deborah

1 comment :

  1. I was lucky enough to have John Van De Walle as my professor for "Math for Teachers" in college. He was a great teacher and a nice person. Unfortunately he has passed away, but I am glad to see he is still making ripples in the teaching community!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...