Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Using My Blogger Experience to Connect Parents with our Summer School Program

This summer I've been helping with our Summer School Program for incoming kindergarten students. Many of the students that are attending (about 250-290 of them) have never attended preschool. I am so grateful to be given the opportunity to help make a difference in young children's lives so they are more prepared to succeed in school. I have a minor in Child Development and I know how important early learning experiences are for children. Yet, I am excited about this particular program because we are trying hard to connect with parents too through a blog that I serve as the author.

Part of that effort is to create a blog to show parents the simple learning experiences that their children are experiencing and hopefully they will see how easy it would be to do at home too. Our community is involved in this program too.  You can see from this picture how excited the children were to talk to the local firemen. In the background do you notice the parents, older brothers and sisters that also came to watch the presentation too?

Here is a link to our Summer School Blog: http://campfamilyconnection.blogspot.com/

I'm proud of it since it is in English and Spanish!!!!!


So to all my blogger friends....last summer I created my first blog and blog posting....this summer I'm using it to connect home, school, and community!!!   Life is good.

Deborah

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...