Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

I'm Glad I Read the Book...

I just came home from viewing the movie, The Hunger Games. I enjoyed seeing the book come alive in film, yet I always find myself thinking, "I'm glad I read the book..." Perhaps that is because I make movies in my head as I read books. I find it sad when I talk to someone about a book and I can just tell that they didn't see their movie in their head, or that they had not visualized the text in their mind.


As a child, I read many of the "Wizard of Oz" series of books. I  loved when I would catch the Scarecrow coming up with the idea that would save the day, or the Tinman stepping carefully as they walked to Oz so he wouldn't kill the ants in the road. "He's so smart already. Why doesn't he know it? That Tinman already has a heart, in fact, he cares so much he can't bear to unknowingly hurt an ant."  Then people would be excited because the movie was going to be on TV that week, and I would find myself thinking, "I'm glad I read the book... because you just don't know all that you are missing."

Do you ever share those same feelings? Do you see movies in your head as you read books?

Deborah Devine

1 comment :

  1. I am ALWAYS glad I read the book first!
    And (most of the time), my students will say the same thing!

    Happy READING!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...